The history of the Nook is almost as old as Holmfirth itself. Records show that there has been a pub on the site since 1754, there are also records of brewing on the site dating back to the same period, a tradition we revived in 2009 by building The Nook Brewhouse.
The Nook has been owned and run by the Roberts since 1964. Originally by David and Angela Roberts and since 2000 by their son and daughter; Ian Roberts and Sheila Sutton
David Roberts was an early champion of real ale and The Nook was one of the first pubs to start it’s revival. Today we are still proud flag bearers for traditional cask conditioned beers and we are proud to say we have appeared in CAMRA’s good beer guide. It is also one of a handful of pubs to be in the guide for 30 consecutive years and is the only pub in Yorkshire to have achieved this feat.
The Nook is a real hub of activity and a central part of the local community hosting events, meeting and gathering all year round; from film nights to folk nights; beer festivals to our frightful Halloween party. The pub has something for everyone.